Skip to main content

Kid's Cereal, Birthday, & Anniversaries

So I'm starting with the funny story.  So before COVID I was a hard core Walmart Delivery gal. Right now you can't get a pickup or delivery option so going to the store means I need to do it and I struggle with making that happen. I've tried several times and there are no delivery options for Walmart.  So I go in the kitchen this morning and find there is a lot of terrible kid's sugar cereal in the cupboard.  Brace and I have agreed that going inside the story is a bad idea for him.  Usually he drives me and I go in.  So I ask him this morning where did all that cereal come from?  He says I went to Walmart and picked it up.  I looked him straight in the eye and said, "I don't believe you."  Later that night the discussion continues.....


Karen : How did you really get the cereal?
Brace: I went to pick it up.
Karen: They don't really have pick up times available.
Brace: I just called them and made the order.
Karen: They don't do that.  They only do the app.
Brace: They didn't like it, but they did it anyway.
Karen: Did you play the "cancer card"?
Brace: Well yes, I told them I had cancer and I wasn't allowed to go into the store.
Karen: So what all did you order?
Brace: Fruity Pebbles, Captain Crunch, Trix and a Frozen Pizza.
Karen: That's what you ordered after you told them you had cancer?
Brace: They had already agreed to help me, before I gave them the order.

Birthday Project
As I mentioned before we got permission to put up our Glee sign on Bake Parkway in front of our studio from the city and our landlord.  We got the sign on Saturday and Brace said he would help me build a way to put it up.   I realized that even some of my friends didn't know that we were still open for business.  Eeek!



Birthday Report:  Thank you to all of you this was probably his best birthday ever.  I told him this was probably a once in a lifetime event.  (You have to set appropriate expectations). I think we had 66 cards, no joke, some phone serenades, watermelon, candy, CHP picture, cards, whoopi cushion, and even a baby brush from Nancy Boyce.  We have amazing neighbors, friends and family.  THANK YOU!








Anniversay Report
So after Brace's Sous Vide rib birthday dinner, Kjarstin and James arrived with a Bundt cake to celebrate Dad's birthday.  Well actually they got married on Brace's birthday, April 13th, so they brought their anniversary cake to share. We are the only one's they can hang with.  Kjarstin decided to wear her wedding dress to Glee all day to celebrate their first anniversary.  I don't think most of her Zoom music students had any idea.




Again thank you to so many of you for making a great day for Brace.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brace never complains

Brace is pretty stable. Friday was a bad day at radiation. The new mask was way too tight and he wasn't happy about it. We talked with Alice and the techs and hopefully they will have that resolved by Monday's appointment. On Friday Drew and Kathleen Himber came to visit us. (They live in Chicago these days) Brace felt pretty good today and he was able to eat a few bites of food. He seems to really likes drinking ice water right now and we hope that doesn't go away with chemo treatment starting on Tuesday. Brace... never complains never feels like a victim never asks why him Karen... feels positive in the morning feels overwhelmed at night What to Pray or Fast for? We are worried about chemo next week coupled with radiation. (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday) This will be round four and every time he does chemo he gets sicker than the last time. They will add a nuepogen shot on Friday. Thank you's... Bob Demmon for driving on ...

Chemo Week Round 4

I'm sitting here in our adjustable bed (we are spoiled) with Brace listening to Jesus is Just Alright with Me while I finally update the blog.  That is a great song....  I also like The Spirit in the Sky, but Brace is not convinced it is as good as Just Alright.  He accidentally hit my song and we're listening to Spirit in the Sky. Short Version: Brace has chemo this week (3 days) and radiation ends tomorrow! Next week should be awful. Saturday Star Wars:  So Brace felt pretty stable Saturday.  When Corte Haggard took him to radiation last week he got him all jazzed about Star Wars.  So at around 3:30 we went to Foothill with James and Kjarstin to see Star Wars.  Brace was decked out with mask and gloves.  We enjoyed the movie but it wiped him out and so we headed home to try to go to bed early. FLOOD: James and Kjarstin had been working on some Glee projects in the music lab so they headed to Glee after the movie. (Tender me...

MRI, no Brain Surgeon, Friday Radiation

Liver MRI : Brace had an uneventful MRI this morning. It takes a while for the write-up and CD. After talking with Dr. Carroll the other day I'm not that worried about it. He then ran to LA to work with a client today. Trust: One of my clients is an estate lawyer and was kind enough to meet with me this morning to setup our family trust. Everything should be set by next week. If you need a referral, she was amazing and gave me great advice. Dana and LouAnn Lake came to visit Brace this afternoon from Arizona. It was a treat to see them. I forgot to take a picture. Brain Surgeon : He was on call at the hospital and had two surgeries. We postponed out appointment to next Wednesday. Fast Radiation: We are coming home now from radiation. It was his fastest yet. He doesn't complain or freak out, which they said is uncommon. Until we did this I had no idea what radiation on your face really meant. We are thrilled with the doctors and the techs her...