Skip to main content

Eye being treated, Radiation #27, Dr. Carroll says we are OK

Short Version: Fever low grade, eye is being treated, radiation #27 complete.

Long Version: This morning we went to see Dr. Carroll. Brace asked me about the doctored appointment last night. I hadn't even looked at my calendar. Dr. Carroll was very sweet to us this morning. I was very worried about his eye and he said if we were isolated in the jungle he would treat his eye with antibiotic drops but that wasn't really his specialty. He thought it was a good idea to see the Ophthalmologist at 2:30pm. Then we came home and got Brace fed and downed his pain meds.
Jim Hope came and took Brace to radiation #27. While he was with Jim I was able to finish exercising, shower, talk to the radiation therapist and talk to the pharmacist. Then I headed out to join them at the eye doctor. Our usual doctor was out of town this week so we met with a new doctor and he was great. He did a very thorough interview and tests. He thinks that the drops he prescribed should start working well after two days.
The picture that was on my phone. I think it is screen shot of my background image on my watch with the next appointment showing. I love this picture. Kjarstin with her rainbow hair, Kamie her beautiful roommate and Brace & I looking so young. :)

Karen's requests....
  1. Looking for a female buddy Tuesday or Wednesday for an hour to help me do projects at the house like folding boxes, going to pick up a prescription, throwing out trash, taking down the tree, and putting up Christmas cards. I keep mine up a long time and I don't have them up yet. Just text me if you are around. Noon to 6pm would be ideal.
  2. Looking for someone good at putting Ikea type furniture together. If Brace is healthy I want to pay someone $120 to come up with me to our Lake Arrowhead project for the day on Friday.

Thank you
Erik Larsen for bringing over a treat for Brace and the generous gift certificate.
Kayla and Mark Debellis for yummy food and visit.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brace never complains

Brace is pretty stable. Friday was a bad day at radiation. The new mask was way too tight and he wasn't happy about it. We talked with Alice and the techs and hopefully they will have that resolved by Monday's appointment. On Friday Drew and Kathleen Himber came to visit us. (They live in Chicago these days) Brace felt pretty good today and he was able to eat a few bites of food. He seems to really likes drinking ice water right now and we hope that doesn't go away with chemo treatment starting on Tuesday. Brace... never complains never feels like a victim never asks why him Karen... feels positive in the morning feels overwhelmed at night What to Pray or Fast for? We are worried about chemo next week coupled with radiation. (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday) This will be round four and every time he does chemo he gets sicker than the last time. They will add a nuepogen shot on Friday. Thank you's... Bob Demmon for driving on ...

Chemo Week Round 4

I'm sitting here in our adjustable bed (we are spoiled) with Brace listening to Jesus is Just Alright with Me while I finally update the blog.  That is a great song....  I also like The Spirit in the Sky, but Brace is not convinced it is as good as Just Alright.  He accidentally hit my song and we're listening to Spirit in the Sky. Short Version: Brace has chemo this week (3 days) and radiation ends tomorrow! Next week should be awful. Saturday Star Wars:  So Brace felt pretty stable Saturday.  When Corte Haggard took him to radiation last week he got him all jazzed about Star Wars.  So at around 3:30 we went to Foothill with James and Kjarstin to see Star Wars.  Brace was decked out with mask and gloves.  We enjoyed the movie but it wiped him out and so we headed home to try to go to bed early. FLOOD: James and Kjarstin had been working on some Glee projects in the music lab so they headed to Glee after the movie. (Tender me...

MRI, no Brain Surgeon, Friday Radiation

Liver MRI : Brace had an uneventful MRI this morning. It takes a while for the write-up and CD. After talking with Dr. Carroll the other day I'm not that worried about it. He then ran to LA to work with a client today. Trust: One of my clients is an estate lawyer and was kind enough to meet with me this morning to setup our family trust. Everything should be set by next week. If you need a referral, she was amazing and gave me great advice. Dana and LouAnn Lake came to visit Brace this afternoon from Arizona. It was a treat to see them. I forgot to take a picture. Brain Surgeon : He was on call at the hospital and had two surgeries. We postponed out appointment to next Wednesday. Fast Radiation: We are coming home now from radiation. It was his fastest yet. He doesn't complain or freak out, which they said is uncommon. Until we did this I had no idea what radiation on your face really meant. We are thrilled with the doctors and the techs her...